The press centre is situated at the National Palace of Culture. It is accessible for journalists through Entrance B2 (on the side of Fridtjof Nansen Str.) which will be clearly signposted.
The parking of the National Palace of Culture will not be available to journalists. We recommend arriving on foot, using public transport or calling a taxi from the hotel reception where you are staying. SNG vehicles will park at the National Palace of Culture parking. Electric power 32 amp will be provided for them.
The press centre will be open from 7:00 on days with planned high-level events and will close 4 hours after the end of the event.
Information desk for journalists covering the Bulgarian presidency
The information desk will provide the following information, services and help:
- General information
- Agenda and timely updates
- Information about participants
- Application for use of media pools (cameramen and photo reporters)
- Hire of radio and TV booths
- Technical assistance
Equipment and amenities
- Security checks
- Cloakroom with safety deposit boxes
- Tea, coffee, water and refreshments room
- Press conference room (capacity 240 seats)
- Briefing room (capacity 24 seats)
- Restaurant offering free meals and refreshments
- 116 work stations provided with power plugs (type F European standard with two round pins), Internet cable/Wi-Fi. 10 of them will have computers.
- Journalists can reserve a work station using a place card with the name of the media they work for and the country they come from. The press centre does not reserve work stations.
- Five TV booths - with no less than 4 work stations provided with universal power plugs (230V) and live video coverage, LAN, CCTV monitor with integrated audio control, video in-out signal HD-SDI, audio signal (original and translated)
- Eight radio booths with LAN, ISDN and power, audio monitor with channel select and option to record audio from the press conference room.
- Two standup locations – reservations can be made.
- Wireless Internet
- Printer/ Scanner/ Copy machine
- Translation - the official language of the Bulgarian presidency is Bulgarian. Translation to and from Bulgarian of all events is provided by General Directory Translations at the European commission. Translation devices will be provided.
Bulgarian National Television is responsible for the official broadcasting of audiovisual content from the events during the Bulgarian presidency. BNT has four channels (BNT 1, BNT 2 BNT World and BNT HD). BNT will offer the accredited media free audiovisual content from informal meetings between ministers and other high level events in Bulgaria.
The host media offers footage from the following events:
- Short statement before the start of a meeting (Doorstep)
- Round table
- Family Photo
- Press conferences in accordance with the official programme
The official photos from the events will be available in high resolution for free download on the page of the Bulgarian presidency of the Council of the European Union on Flickr and in the Photo section on the web site.
Video content from all events will be available on the YouTube channel of the Bulgarian presidency of the Council of the European Union and in the Video Section on the web site.